High Cyan/ Copper Red will shift to Dark Gold/ Copper. Image shows the color fired on black glass on the left, and on clear glass on the right. The top half of the image is fired uncoated and the bottom half is capped with clear glass.
Dicro Slide™ is a special paper that has been coated with the same high quality dichroic coating as dichroic glass. The result is a layer of dichroic strong enough to be transferred to glass or ceramics. The versatility of Dicro Slide™ makes design possibilities unlimited. It offers something new and exciting to art glass. Dicro Slide™ has no COE, so it works well with most glass. It can be cut with scissors, paper punches or craft knives, and is simple to use. Try layering Dicro Slide™, or cut it in long, thin strips, and gently twist to produce a woven effect. It fires easily to 1500° or higher. Recently, Dicro Slide™ was test fired to over 1650°, then successfully combed. Dicro Slide™ begins bonding with glass at about 1100°, and flows with glass as it moves or slumps.
USING DICRO SLIDE™:
1. Cut or punch Dicro Slide™ into various shapes & sizes.
2. Soak the Dicro Slide™ pieces in ¼” to ½” distilled water for 1 to 2 minutes. Larger pieces need more time than small ones.
3. Remove Dicro Slide™ from water, gently blot excess water on paper towel.
4. Carefully slide and position Dicro Slide™ on glass, (it is stronger than it looks). If Dicro Slide™ does not release easily, return to water and soak a little longer. Use dampened end of skewer to move or uncurl Dicro Slide™ shapes. A small makeup sponge is also helpful.
5. Try layering glass & Dicro Slide™. (When layering Dicro Slide™ on itself, be sure to cover with clear glass!) Experiment, use your imagination, and have fun!
6. Fuse using your preferred firing schedule. Note: if fusing large pieces of Dicro Slide™ hold at 950° up to 60 minutes, depending on size of Dicro Slide™ pieces, for venting before increasing to fuse temperature.
1. Dicro Slide™ is compatible with most COE glass, and has been used successfully on ceramics and porcelain.
2. Distilled water is recommended! Minerals in tap water may react with the dichroic layer, discoloring or causing damage to it.
3. Dicro Slide™ works well uncapped, but like all genuine Dichroic, does not fuse to itself or against other metals. It can be fused against Dichroic glass, Iridized glass or other glass with a metallic layer if capped.
4. Store Dicro Slide™ so coated side of dichroic paper is away from other coated dichroic paper surfaces.